Fundraiser Sports Marathon
With everyone settling back in school, the Athletic Council (AC), a student-led leadership group that aims to promote the healthy lifestyle and physical activities in our school community, is working in collaboration with the Physical Education Department to hold a fundraiser sports marathon from 2 April (Friday) to 30 April (Friday) after school resumption.
The purpose of this fundraising activity is to allow students, teachers and parents in our SISHK Family to engage in a physical challenge to enhance physical and mental wellbeing while giving back to the community by donating 90% of our profits to the InspiringHK Sports Foundation while the remaining 10% will be used to purchase new equipment for future AC events. InspiringHK is a charity organisation that aims to support underprivileged youths through sports programmes in Hong Kong. Hence, this event not only builds our school spirit through a physical challenge but also allows us to raise funds to help the underprivileged children.
Our fundraiser will consist of 3 categories of challenges:
- The Bronze Challenge would be for individual participants to participate in, containing a selection of “marathons”, where examples of exercises include jumping jacks and pushups.
- The Silver Challenge would involve an entire family, where they have to collectively walk a targeted number of steps during the 4 weeks of the event.
- The Gold Challenge would involve combining results from the entire school community, it is called “The Journey To Singapore”, where the school community would aim to collectively walk a total of 2585 km (the distance from Hong Kong to Singapore) within the time period.
Students attempting the bronze challenge will be getting sponsors from friends and family to help support them in this event, where there is a fixed amount of money for each required set of exercises, while families taking part in the silver and gold challenge can decide how much they would like to donate.
There will be a booth set up in the plaza during recess when school resumes after Easter break where our students can collect money from their sponsors and submit it to the AC members at the booth in a sealed envelope. Another method of submitting your payment via an E-payment via SISconnect.
For sign up and submission details, please refer to the email from the Athletic Council.
We hope everyone is excited to join us. Good luck and have fun!
Instagram : @sishk_ac